- The jewel should be cleaned regularly. We suggest washing the precious with soap and water using a soft bristle brush, then rinsing it with warm water. On the other hand, creations with leather parts must be cleaned with a soft cloth. It is recommended to bring the jewels to the Boutique to have them cleaned, checked and repaired by our experts.
- It is also advisable to remove jewelry before going to sleep, before practicing any sporting activity, when washing hands or using corrosive products. Avoid contact with perfumes, alcohol, cosmetics, ammonia and chlorine. Keep the jewelry away from excessive heat sources and avoid exposing them to sudden changes in temperature.
- In order not to lose or damage the jewels, we recommend that you place them carefully in their original packaging or bag after use, avoiding contact with other jewels as this could cause scratches. The chains must be closed and extended to prevent them from tangling.
- If the jewel suffers blows or bumps, the setting may require a check. Avoid forcing fasteners, hinges and metal elements and make sure that the buckle and safety locks work correctly. If in doubt, it is advisable not to wear the jewel and to have it checked by one of our experts at the Boutique.
Each timepiece is a unique and valuable item. To preserve its beauty and flawless functionality over the years, we recommend that you follow our maintenance tips.
- Keep the watch away from excessive heat sources and avoid exposing it to sudden changes in temperature (sauna, whirlpool, spa, etc.).
- To protect the watch from magnetic fields, it is recommended to keep it away from powerful magnetic sources (microwaves, X-rays, speakers, etc.).
- Avoid violent impacts. It is not recommended to wear the watch when playing sports such as golf or tennis, which could cause blows or jolts on the wrist, except in the case of models intended for such purposes.
- After adjusting the time and / or date, the crown of models with screw closure must be well tightened to prevent external elements such as dust or humidity from entering the case. In order not to damage the movement, especially the date mechanism, do not set the date between 21:00 and 03:00.
- Before any contact with water, check that the crown and buttons are properly closed. Do not activate the watch functions underwater, except in the case of models designed for diving or water sports.
- Waterproof watches should be rinsed with warm running water whenever they come into contact with salt water or chlorine. The water resistance of watches worn in water must be checked every 2 years to ensure the good functionality of the seals. Avoid contact with perfumes, alcohol, cosmetics, ammonia and chlorine. Always store the watch on soft surfaces.
DODO JEWEL CARE
- Every Dodo jewel is made to be worn every day and on every occasion. This is why no extraordinary maintenance is needed, especially if it is delicately handled and cleaned. Nonetheless, being a precious object, it deserves to be treated with care. It is normal for both silver and gold jewelry to lose their shine with wear and over time. The natural phenomenon of darkening, due to oxidization, is also very common to all silver or gold alloy jewelry and it can be easily cancelled by a professional cleaning if the oxidation stage is advanced. We do not recommend any kind of do-it-yourself cleaning, especially in case the item is set with precious stones, diamonds or enriched by enamel or with leather. Professional help is also required to restore surfaces such as rhodium plating or burnishing. Stones set on a piece of jewelry are intrinsically delicate, meaning that even accidental or unnoticed bumps, as well as thermal shocks, could damage or break them. If you want to preserve the shine of Dodo jewelry, we recommend you to store it in a clean, dry place away from any heat sources.